OUR COMMITMENT to PRIVACY
WHAT INFORMATION DO WE COLLECT?
When you visit our website you may provide us with two types of information- personal information you knowingly choose to disclose and website use information as you browse our website:
Personal Information You Choose to Provide
If you choose to purchase products from us, you will need to give us personal information. For example, you may need to provide the following information:
- Billing address
- Shipping address
- Email address
- Phone number
- Website Use Information
HOW DO WE USE THE INFORMATION THAT YOU PROVIDE TO US?
We request information that we believe will help us serve you better. For instance, your phone number allows us to call regarding shipping issues and your e-mail address allows us to send you order and shipping confirmations. If you supply us with your email address you may receive periodic notices from us with information on new products and services or upcoming events. If you do not wish to receive such notices, please let us know by sending us an e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org or you can unsubscribe from our mailing list by clicking on the designated button placed in the footer in each of our emails.
HOW DO WE SECURE INFORMATION TRANSMISSIONS?
We always use industry-standard encryption technologies when transferring and receiving credit card data exchanged with our website and adopt internal procedures to safeguard personal information within our system. Other email that you may send to us may not be secure and, for that reason, we ask that you do not send confidential information to us through an unsecured email. Despite our commitment to data security, we cannot guarantee that our systems or the Internet will always be secure. It is important for you to protect against unauthorized access to your password and to your computer.
HOW DO WE PROTECT YOUR INFORMATION?
We utilize encryption/security software to safeguard the confidentiality of personal information we collect from unauthorized access or disclosure. Our corporate values, ethical standards, policies and practices are committed to the protection of customer information and we will never share information collected with any outside entity except as required by law.
YOUR LEGAL RIGHTS
Under certain circumstances, you have rights under data protection laws in relation to your personal data. Please click on the links below to find out more about these rights:
- Request access to your personal data (commonly known as a “data subject access request”). This enables you to receive a copy of the personal data we hold about you and to check that we are lawfully processing it.
- Request correction of the personal data that we hold about you. This enables you to have any incomplete or inaccurate data we hold about you corrected, though we may need to verify the accuracy of the new data you provide to us.
- Request erasure of your personal data. This enables you to ask us to delete or remove personal data where there is no good reason for us continuing to process it. You also have the right to ask us to delete or remove your personal data where you have successfully exercised your right to object to processing (see below), where we may have processed your information unlawfully or where we are required to erase your personal data to comply with local law. Note, however, that we may not always be able to comply with your request of erasure for specific legal reasons which will be notified to you, if applicable, at the time of your request.
- Object to processing of your personal data where we are relying on a legitimate interest (or those of a third party) and there is something about your particular situation which makes you want to object to processing on this ground as you feel it impacts on your fundamental rights and freedoms. You also have the right to object where we are processing your personal data for direct marketing purposes. In some cases, we may demonstrate that we have compelling legitimate grounds to process your information which override your rights and freedoms.
- Request restriction of processing of your personal data. This enables you to ask us to suspend the processing of your personal data in the following scenarios: (a) if you want us to establish the data’s accuracy; (b) where our use of the data is unlawful but you do not want us to erase it; (c) where you need us to hold the data even if we no longer require it as you need it to establish, exercise or defend legal claims; or (d) you have objected to our use of your data but we need to verify whether we have overriding legitimate grounds to use it.
- Request the transfer of your personal data to you or to a third party. We will provide to you, or a third party you have chosen, your personal data in a structured, commonly used, machine-readable format. Note that this right only applies to automated information which you initially provided consent for us to use or where we used the information to perform a contract with you.
- Withdraw consent at any time where we are relying on consent to process your personal data. However, this will not affect the lawfulness of any processing carried out before you withdraw your consent. If you withdraw your consent, we may not be able to provide certain products or services to you. We will advise you if this is the case at the time you withdraw your consent.
If you wish to exercise any of the rights set out above, please contact us email@example.com
NO FEE USUALLY REQUIRED
You will not have to pay a fee to access your personal data (or to exercise any of the other rights). However, we may charge a reasonable fee if your request is clearly unfounded, repetitive or excessive. Alternatively, we may refuse to comply with your request in these circumstances.
WHAT WE MAY NEED FROM YOU
We may need to request specific information from you to help us confirm your identity and ensure your right to access your personal data (or to exercise any of your other rights). This is a security measure to ensure that personal data is not disclosed to any person who has no right to receive it. We may also contact you to ask you for further information in relation to your request to speed up our response.
TIME LIMIT TO RESPOND
We try to respond to all legitimate requests within one month. Occasionally it may take us longer than a month if your request is particularly complex or you have made a number of requests. In this case, we will notify you and keep you updated.
WHAT ARE COOKIES?
Cookies are small data files that are placed on your computer or mobile device when you visit a website. Cookies are widely used by online service providers in order to (for example) make their websites or services work, or to work more efficiently, as well as to provide reporting information.
Cookies set by the website owner or service provider (in this case, Ultracare Store Inc) are called “first party cookies”. Cookies set by parties other than the website owner are called “third party cookies”. Third party cookies enable third party features or functionality to be provided on or through the website or service you are using (such as advertising, interactive content and analytics). The third parties that set these third party cookies can recognise your computer both when it visits the website or service in question and also when it visits certain other websites or services.
YOUR COOKIE SETTINGS ON THIS WEBSITE.
Cookies on this website that do not require approval.
Cookies that are essential, also known as ‘strictly necessary’ cookies, enable features without which you would not be able to use the website as intended. These cookies are used exclusively by Ultracare Store Inc and are therefore known as first-party cookies. They are only saved on your computer while you are actually browsing the website. For example, website will remember you when you log in.
Please note that the option provided by Alvande.com to configure settings for cookies used has no effect on cookies and active components from other providers (e.g. YouTube, Facebook).